Last year’s workshop on resources for your arts business by Monica Davidson was so popular that she will return for ArtsHub2016 … several respondents to our post-conference survey named Davidson’s session as a highlight, noting the practical nature of her advice and the extraordinary wealth of resources she cited.
Monica Davidson, the Director of Creative Plus Business, is frequently invited to speak at conferences and provide her expertise to panels, symposiums and events. Monica is Australia’s leading creative industries expert, and a skilled and award-winning presenter who has a knack for making business information fun, entertaining and inspiring.
Some of her previous engagements are:
- The Future of Creative Industries, Keynote Speaker, Blue Mountains Creative Industries Symposium 2016
- The Creative Future is Now! Keynote speaker and panellist, Fairfax SPECTRUM Festival 2016
- Creative Industries Regional Roadshow 2016, keynotes and workshops throughout NSW
- Creative Businesses: The Difference, SmallBizConnect Conference, Sydney 2015
- Knocking on a Locked Door: Women in Film, Keynote Presentation and essay, AFTRS Lumina Launch 2015
- Power, Money and Other Dirty Words, Keynote Speaker, Blue Mountains Creative Industries Symposium 2015
- Top Ten Tips for Creative Business, Singleton Festival 2015
- Business Resources for Creative People, Net-Work-Play (AIDC), Adelaide 2015
- Business Planning for Creatives, NAFA Networking Group 2015
- Top Ten Tips for Creative Business, Vivid Ideas, Sydney 2013 – 2016
- The Business of Being Creative, Smart Arts, Newcastle, 2015
- Creativity – from Hobby to Business, Sydney City Council Business 101 series, 2014 and 2015.
- Somewhere I Belong, astBREAK for VibeWire, Sydney 2014
- Free Business Resources for Creative People, Arts Hub Conference, Melbourne 2014
- Focus on Creative Industries, SmallBizConnect Conference, Sydney 2014
- Panel on Creative Industries, NORTEC BEC, Byron Bay 2014
- International Women’s Day Keynote, Liverpool Council, Quirindi 2013
- Women In Creativity, International Women’s Day Panel NIDA 2013
- Creative Business talks x 3, UWS College Creative Industries Forum 2012
- Interactivity, Connectivity and Networking, ICE seminar 2012
- Marketing for Small Creative Business, AGFA Home and Giving Show, Sydney 2012
- Productivity and Profit for Consultants, Small Business NSW 2011
- Top Ten Tips for Successful Freelancing, Clarence Valley Council 2010
- Marketing for Creatives, NAFA Action Group, Sydney 2010
- Careers Round Table: Producers, Metro Screen, 2010
- Freelancing as an Event Manager, UTS Event Management Conference 2009
- Business Plans, Film Australia Hothouse panel speaker 2008
- Ten Tips for Business Success, Bondi Writers Group 2007
- Selling Yourself: Marketing, SAMAG and ICE panel 2007
- Marketing the Arts, Manly Arts Festival 2006
- Filmmaking as a Business, Multimedia Department, SAE College 2005
- Copyright as Super, Canberra Institute of Technology 2004
- Running a Business, Results Coachfest 2002
To contact Monica about speaking at your next event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 02 8091 2082.
Alternatively, complete the form below.