You will need to read these terms and conditions and complete the form at the bottom of this page to secure your workshop or meeting room SPACE with Creative Plus Business. If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact us.
Thank you for booking a Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd SPACE. We aim to provide a reasonably-priced venue to creative businesses or practitioners operating in a business-to-business market, or service providers working primarily with creatives (such as a lawyer or accountant).
We ask that you read and understand the following conditions of hire to ensure your use of our SPACE runs smoothly, is safe and complies with the City of Sydney’s regulations (our landlord).
Fees and charges
- Payment for all hire fees and applicable security deposits must be received prior to the event date. Hirers may be required to produce proof of payment at the time of key collection. If fees are not paid, Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd will cancel the booking.
- Security/cleaning bond – Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd reserves the right to ask for and retain a bond to cover any expenses arising from the Hirer’s use of the venue, for example, if the venue is damaged as a result of the Hirer’s use. This bond will be refunded after the event(s).
- Key deposit – In some cases a Key Deposit may be required on exchange of venue keys and security code, if a staff member is not available to assist with your event. The deposit will only be returned to the Hirer on the safe return of the key.
- Penalties – The Hirer will be charged extra time in whole hourly lots plus a 25% penalty per hour if excessive furniture or rubbish needs to be moved/removed, and/or if the Hirer is late in vacating the premises. These extra charges may be deducted from the bond.
- Changes to requirements – Any changes to a booking made by the Hirer within 7 days of the booking may incur an additional fee.
- Taxes and duties – The hirer must pay all taxes, duties and government charges imposed or levied in connection with this agreement.
- GST is to be paid by the Hirer. No GST is payable on the security and key deposits although reparations against the security deposit will be liable to GST. Costs plus GST will be taken into account in calculating any refund due to the Hirer.
In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer, a fee may be forfeited by the Hirer as follows:
|Notice of cancellation||Fee|
|More than 1 week prior to booking||$0 – all fees paid by Hirer are fully refunded|
|Less than 1 week prior to booking||Hirer is liable for the full hiring fee|
All cancellations must be confirmed via email by the Hirer.
Priority of access
Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd retains the right to cancel or relocate bookings at any time in the unlikely event that our facilities are required for the purpose of Creative Plus Business. In these instances, staff will endeavour to provide the affected parties with due notice and offer an alternative venue where possible. In the event that Creative Plus Business is unable to offer a suitable alternative, all monies paid in respect of the cancelled function will be returned to the Hirer.
Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd is not liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer as a result of such cancellation.
- Public liability insurance (PLI) – Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd shall be indemnified against any claims for injury to persons or damage to property arising out of this hiring. Ideally such indemnity shall be expressed in the form of a public risk insurance policy in the minimum amount of $10,000,000 for any individual claim which may be made.
- If Hirers do not have Public Liability Insurance they may be covered under the Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd policy for a small fee.
Access to the venue
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to make arrangements for the safe pick-up and return of the keys. Keys will be made available 1 working day prior to the booked date and must be returned the next working day thereafter, if no staff members is available.
- Access to the venue is strictly limited to the booked hours. To enter the building outside of these hours may trip venue alarms. Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge the Hirer for costs incurred by any security call-out plus a penalty fee.
- Pre-event site visits can be arranged with venue staff during business hours by appointment.
- Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd reserves the right to control the venue including all means of entry and exit, and over the timing of opening and closing the doors and admission of the public (including the right to refuse admission to any person or persons).
- The Hirer, or the Hirer’s representative, must be in attendance before the advertised event starting time.
- Lost property – Hirers are not to enter the venue to collect (lost) property after the hire period. Any property found in our venue will be retained by our staff until claimed by the owner upon satisfactory proof of ownership.
Use of the venue
- The Hirer is only permitted use of the exact area booked and identified on the contract.
- If the Hirer requires the use of additional facilities, equipment and services for a fee as agreed, the staff will demonstrate the safe use of all equipment and facilities prior to use. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure these instructions are adhered to.
- Additions or alterations – The Hirer will not make any addition or alterations to the structure, facilities, goods, equipment or decoration of the Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd venue, unless approved by the venue manager in writing.
- Nails, screws, durex tape or any fastenings must not be driven into or attached in any way to walls, floors, furniture or fittings.
- If the Hirer moves venue furniture and fittings they must be returned to their original storage place. For safety reasons the Hirer is required to stack all furniture as per instructions displayed in storage areas.
- The Hirer is responsible for the whole area as booked and specified in the hiring agreement. The Hirer is liable for any damage to the venue, its facilities and furnishings etc during booked hours. This includes the behaviour of all people (invited or not) accessing the venue during the hire period.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- No animals, except Guide Dogs, are permitted on the premises or surrounding grounds.
- The premises are only to be used for the purposes described in the Hiring agreement issued by Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd in respect of the booking made.
- Presentation standards – Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd retains the right to request the Hirer to remove any material which is considered by us to be detrimental to its venue presentation standards.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to leave all hired areas included in this agreement in a clean and tidy condition, removing all personal property, all decorations and refuse of any kind, disposing of refuse in the rubbish bins provided, wiping down all benches and sinks, and sweeping floors if required to return the premises to a clean condition.
- Otherwise the Hirer will accept responsibility for, and pay the cost of, any additional cleaning of the premises as a result of the premises being left in an untidy condition.
- Music sound levels must not cause annoyance to occupants of neighbouring properties. Any breach of noise regulations may result in the City of Sydney taking action under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997.
- Any request from the venue manager or nominated staff member to reduce sound levels shall be complied with immediately.
- Hirers are reminded that most venues are in residential areas and consideration should be taken to keep noise to a minimum.
- Smoking is not permitted on all City of Sydney premises, including Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd.
- If alcohol is to be consumed in the venue the Hirer must obtain Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd’s consent to confirm the booking.
- Alcohol can only be sold if the Hirer obtains the relevant approvals and permits from the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and the local police. Copies of relevant approvals must be provided to Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd at least 14 days prior to the event. No kegs or similar bulk containers are permitted and liquor sales must cease 30 minutes prior to the nominated closing time.
- A copy of this permit must be on site for the duration of the function.
- No alcohol is to be consumed outside the facility.
- The licensee may only advertise in accordance with the licensor guidelines and must not promote any alcohol or tobacco products on the premises.
- The sale, supply and or consumption of alcohol in the City’s facilities to minors is prohibited and will result in police action.
- A risk assessment will be carried out by the Office Manager to determine whether security is required for the event and will be advised in writing if deemed necessary.
- The employment of security personnel is at the Hirer’s expense and will be arranged by Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd.
- In addition the Hirer may be required to contact the local police for a “No Regrets Safe Party Pak”, which includes a police registration form.
- The Hirer shall ensure that a responsible person, remains after the completion of the function whilst patrons vacate the premises.
- Hirers are to observe the provisions of the Copyright Act and to indemnify Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd and free it of any obligation in respect to this act.
- The Hirer will indemnify and keep Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd indemnified for and against all damages, action, suits, claims, costs and demands, which may be made or recovered against Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd by any person whatsoever in respect of any loss, injury (including death) or damage sustained whilst in or upon Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd’s premises except to the extent that such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd , its servants and agents.
Use of Electronic and Multi Media
- The Hirer shall inform the venue manager of any intention to use film projection equipment, to photograph, broadcast, televise or record any activity within the venue.
- The Hirer shall pay all costs resulting from such activities, and shall include in any television, video, film, broadcast or sound recording such material and information as may be required by the venue manager.
- Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd is able to organise catering for your event for a fee. Otherwise the Hirer can either self-cater or hire their own caterers.
- For the safety and health of people attending the event it is recommended:
- Self-caterers be aware of the health guidelines for safe preparation, handling and serving of food at functions as per the temporary food licence guidelines set by the City of Sydney. (Your venue manager can help with this information.)
- The Hirer ensure their caterer is registered and follows NSW Health guidelines.
- Hirers need to organise all of their own catering equipment, this includes their own tablecloths, crockery and cutlery.
- The kitchen must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the conclusion of the hiring, or the Hirer shall be held responsible for the costs of cleaning. (See Cleaning section above.)
- Any advertising of any description on any section or part of the venue must be authorised by the Office Manager
- If the function is advertised, it must be in accordance with the type of function stated on the hire agreement.
- The Office Manager will ensure you are familiar with emergency evacuation procedures.
- Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd is equipped with an emergency first aid kit. However, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to have first aid supplies available at all times.
- In the case of an emergency or fire, the venue must be evacuated according to the evacuation chart clearly visible on the walls of the venue.
- All exits shall be maintained clear and open for exit or entry without hindrance at all times. Blocking a fire exit is unlawful.
- Use of dangerous goods – The Hirer will not bring or permit any flame, candle, explosive, fuel, ammunition, pyrotechnic, firearm or flammable liquid or substance, or any dangerous weapon to be brought into, or used in a community venue.
- The Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd venues does not have on-site parking for hirers. Please advise guests that parking restrictions apply in the surrounding streets and where possible encourage the use of public transport.
- The Hirer is not permitted to park any vehicle on driveways or footpaths near or around the venue.
- The Hirer must comply with all legal requirements relating to the use of premises and/or the conduct of performances or functions.
- Hirer’s employees and agents – all persons engaged or employed by the Hirer in connection with the venue shall comply with the provisions of this agreement, and the Hirer agrees to accept responsibility for any failure on the part of his agents, employees, contractors, guests and invitees to observe and comply with these provisions.
- All hirers, their agents, employees and contractors must comply with the City of Sydney’s WHS policy while on Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd premises. A copy of the WHS Policy is available to download.
Conditions of contract
- Prohibition of assignment – The Hirer shall not transfer, assign, sub-let or sub-hire his rights under this agreement to someone else. To do so will render the booking cancelled and full cancellation fees will apply.
- Dispute – Any dispute arising between the Hirer and any representative the Creative Plus Business Group Pty Ltd shall be referred to the NSW Small Business Commissioner Mediation Unit.
- The Hirer must be 18 years or older.
- In an emergency call 000 for the police or fire brigade.
- For security and maintenance issues, contact the City’s after hours emergency number 02 9265 9333.
This agreement is bound by the laws of NSW, Australia, regardless of the home state, territory or country of the Participant.