Communication is a vital part of running a small business, but many creatives have never learned the basics of effective communication, negotiation and conflict resolution. Even saying no can be a problem!
This surprisingly fun and practical workshop goes through the basic elements of communicating with others, including the management of difficult negotiations and how to work towards a “win-win” scenario.
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The basic elements of effective communication, especially in business;
- Managing negotiations, and how to think “win-win”;
- How to say NO without losing too much;
- Mapping conflict to reach the best resolutions;
- Practical application of these strategies through a fun and interesting GAME!
What do I get?
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- A workbook stuffed full of extra resources and exercises in both printed and PDF form;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Communications dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a website full of additional free resources.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
Who should enrol?
This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with communication, negotiation and conflict resolution. It’s also relevant no matter what your profession – filmmakers, writers, designers, visual artists, musicians, composers, dancers, performers – everyone can benefit from a quick introduction or refresher to the basics of business.
Who is Presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
What is NSW Business Connect?
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Creative Plus Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small and medium creative businesses across NSW as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.
Would you like to know when we next run our workshops?