For anyone working for themselves in the arts or creative industries.
STAY TUNED FOR 2019 DATES!
Communication is a vital part of running a small business, but many creatives have never learned the basics of effective communication, negotiation and conflict resolution. Even saying no can be a problem!
This surprisingly fun and practical workshop goes through the basic elements of communicating with others, including the management of difficult negotiations and how to work towards a “win-win” scenario, with practical exercises to aid learning.
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The basic elements of effective communication, especially in business;
- Managing negotiations, and how to think “win-win”;
- How to say NO without losing work;
- Mapping conflict to reach the best resolutions;
- Practical application of these strategies through a fun and interesting GAME!
What do I get?
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- Printed materials to help in class;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Comms for Creatives dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a website full of links and resources to help them get ahead in their creative business.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
Who should enrol?
This workshop is ideal for freelancers, small creative businesses and arts organisations. It’s also relevant no matter what your profession – filmmakers, writers, designers, visual artists, musicians, composers, dancers, performers – everyone can benefit from a guide to marketing strategy.
Who is Presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 500-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
Stay tuned for 2019 dates!