THE BASIC BRILLIANCE OF HOW TO APPLY FOR, MANAGE AND MAINTAIN FUNDING
Funding and grants are often held up as the holy grail of a successful arts career, but there is no such thing as ‘free’ money. Accessing government and philanthropic funding requires a great deal of work, from preparation to writing applications to delivery and successful acquittal. Funding also means ongoing research and groundwork to be ready for any applications, as well as maintaining the resolve to keep trying after an unsuccessful attempt.
In this down-to-earth workshop, participants will learn about:
- The different kinds of funding available;
- Creating a Grant Folder (and being ready for opportunities);
- Researching Funding and Considering Applications;
- Writing the Proposal – and avoiding the Common Errors;
- Creating a Grant Calendar;
- The Acquittal Process – and how to Recover from Setbacks;
- Five Ways to FAIL at Grants.
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- A printed Workbook and Grant Toolkit to make the most of information shared in the workshop;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Funding Fundamentals dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- The chance to organise additional professional support for your grant or tender application.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
Who should enrol?
Creative people looking for a funding as a revenue strategy to help them with their ideas and developing their careers. This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with the grant-writing aspects of their creativity. You’re welcome to attend regardless of your creative practice or stage of professionalism.
Who is Presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson is the founder of the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica helps creative people from all practices and professional stages figure out the basics of business, money, marketing and growth. In her arts practice and business career Monica has successfully raised over $12 million $AUD in grants, tenders, prize money and crowdfunding for her projects and productions, and in collaboration with other stakeholders.
What is NSW Business Connect?
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Creative Plus Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small and medium creative businesses across NSW as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.