Grants are often held up as the holy grail of a successful arts career, but there is no such thing as ‘free’ money. Grants require a great deal of work, from preparation to writing applications to delivery and successful acquittal. Adding grants to an overall diversification of income means ongoing research and groundwork to be ready for any applications, as well as maintaining the resolve to keep trying after an unsuccessful application.
In this down-to-earth workshop, participants learn how to sing their own grant song, and prepare for success. Participants will also be encouraged to network with each other and share their experiences
The workshop focuses on:
- Understanding your value and what you bring to the table with your arts practice;
- All the different types of grants and other opportunities available;
- The common errors in an application and how to avoid them;
- Tools and techniques for a successful grants strategy;
- An overview of the grant landscape and how artists and arts organisations can manage the changes and restrictions.
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- A printed Workbook and Grant Toolkit to make the most of information shared in the workshop;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Grant Song dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- The chance to organise additional professional support for your grant or tender application.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
Who should enrol?
Creative people looking for a grant or revenue strategy that helps them with their ideas and developing their careers. This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with the grant-writing aspects of their creativity. You’re welcome to attend regardless of your creative practice or stage of professionalism.
Who is Presenting?
Irene Lemon is a producer and performer with over twenty years of experience in the creative industries, with business skills across a range of areas including grant and tender writing, campaign planning, project management, and business development. Irene has assisted hundreds of small business owners and students to build their capacity in the creative industries. As a professional grant writer she has achieved over $10 million $AUD in the last eight years for her clients and her own projects.
What is NSW Business Connect?
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Creative Plus Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small and medium creative businesses across NSW as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.