Ever wanted to turn your creative dream into a business reality? Are you already freelancing and want to know if you’re doing things properly? This fast, friendly and information-packed workshop covers all the basics for creative people who want to work for themselves, including the ten ‘pain’ points at which people feel like they might have to quit – and what they can do to keep their business going.
The workshop includes:
- Setting goals and planning your business journey;
- Understanding and handling money matters;
- The key to managing time better;
- Introduction to creative tax and legal resources;
- Marketing tips and juggling the realities of combining art and business.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
- Printed materials to help in class;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Top Ten Tips dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a dedicated webpage full of links and resources to help them get ahead in their creative business.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
Who should enrol?
This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with the business aspects of their creativity. It’s also relevant no matter what your profession – filmmakers, writers, designers, visual artists, musicians, composers, dancers, performers – everyone can benefit from a quick introduction or refresher to the basics of business.
Who is Presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
What is NSW Business Connect?
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Creative Plus Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small and medium creative businesses across NSW as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.