READY TO TAKE YOUR CREATIVE BUSINESS SERIOUSLY?
Ever wanted to turn your creative dream into a business reality? Maybe you’re already freelancing and want to know if you’re doing things properly? Are you an arts business and ready to move past “making it up as you go along”?
This fast, fun and information-packed workshop uncovers the ten worst ‘pain points’ on the road to a successful creative business, and gives practical guidance on how to manoeuvre past the pain and continue towards success.
Come along and learn more about:
- setting goals and planning your business journey;
- understanding and handling money matters;
- The essential guide to time management;
- where to access creative tax and legal resources;
- the basics of marketing, and;
- juggling the competing realities of art and business.
These Top Ten Tips are tailored specifically to creative people who are (or want to be) self-employed.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
- Printed materials to help in class;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Top Ten Tips dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a dedicated webpage full of links and resources to help them get ahead in their creative business.
Who should enrol?
This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with the business aspects of their creativity. It’s also relevant no matter what your creative profession, and all are welcome from screen, performing arts, design, visual art, music and writing.
Who is Presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
What is NSW Business Connect?
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. Creative Plus Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small and medium creative businesses across NSW as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.